MOISTURE CONTROL IS THE KEY TO MOLD CONTROL
When water leaks or spills occur indoors – act promptly. Any initial water infiltration should be stopped and cleaned as soon as possible. A prompt response (within 24-48 hours) and thorough clean- up, drying, and/or removal of water-damaged materials will prevent or limit mold growth.
Mold prevention tips include:
- Repairing plumbing leaks and leaks in the building as soon as possible.
- Looking for condensation and wet spots.
- Preventing moisture condensation by increasing surface temperature or reducing the moisture level in the air (humidity).
- Increase ventilation and/or use a dehumidifier.
- Keep HVAC drip pans clean, flowing properly, and unobstructed.
- Maintain relative humidity below 60% (30-50% if possible).
- Vent moisture-generating appliances, such as dryers, to the outside where possible.
- Vent kitchens (cooking areas) and bathrooms to the outside where possible.
- Cleaning and drying wet or damp spots as soon as possible.
- Providing adequate drainage around buildings, and sloping ground away from building foundations.
- Pinpointing areas where leaks have occurred, identifying the causes, and taking preventive action to ensure they they do not reoccur.
ON SITE INVESTIGATION AND CORRECTION
G&C Environmental always performs an on-site investigation in order to identify sources of moisture and biological contamination, so repair options can be formulated and considered, thus preventing a re-occurrence of the same problem. This is the essence of mold prevention.
PRE-TREATMENT WITH OCEANIC®